Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chocolate Mint Cake

I was watching one of my favorite local shows today and a contributor was making an ice cream cake.  Nope. . . not cake AND ice cream, but a cake with the ice cream in it!  I thought it was an intriguing idea, so I gave it a whirl.

Check out the recipe HERE.

To check out the creator's blog (Brooke Carn) go to http://www.brookescakesandcookies.blogspot.com/.  She has a beautiful, yummy looking blog!


I used a Devils Food cake mix and Hagen Das Mint Chip Ice Cream.  For the glaze, I melted 2 tablespoons of butter and mixed in a couple tablespoons of cocoa powder.  Then I added about 1/4 C of half and half (I didn't have any cream. . .) and then mixed in powdered sugar until I got the consistency that I wanted.  I had to cook it for longer than the box suggested. . . probably about 50 minutes!  It is a wonderfully moist cake with a delicious light mint flavor.  I think I will be making this again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! I want some too - minus the mint (not a fan) - guess I'll have to try this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there are times when you make so much that you can't eat it all, I will do the friend thing and take it off your hands. Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream. The cake looks heavenly, and you have displayed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete