Background

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

EZ Peach Cobbler

OK.  This blog is NOT about perfection.  If I always waited until something was perfect, I would never get anything done.  I say this like I am a pro, but this is a struggle for me.  So, here is a real life post.  No pretty bowl.  No fancy setting.  No fancy directions.  Just life.

Confession- I really don't like to cook all that much, but I do like to bake.  But I hate following directions.  I do not measure ANYTHING when I make a cobbler, so this is an estimation.  Give yourself the permission to be creative and give it a whirl.

My wonderful neighbor, Sonya, brought me some peaches on Monday.  What an awesome treat!  I just HAD to make a cobbler.



EZ Peach Cobbler

Fresh Peaches (cut in slices- enough to fill this 8x8 pan about 2/3 full)
Tapioca (a light sprinkling on top of the peaches- maybe a teaspoon or so)
You may want to add some sugar.  I didn't because the peaches were sweet. . .and I am on WW.

Topping

Oatmeal (About 3/4 cup)
Whole Wheat Flour (Or regular flour.  About 3/4 cup)
Brown Sugar (About 1/2 cup)
Cinnamon (About 1 tsp)
Melted Butter (About 1/4 cup. . . half a stick)

Mix all the topping ingredients together and then sprinkle it on top of the peaches.  Cook for about an hour at about 350 degrees.

Here's the most important part:  Just do it.  It's easy.  Not messy.  And enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment